Interviews, lesson plans, study questions and teaching materials to use with Samuel Wilbert Tucker: The Story of a Civil Rights Trailblazer and the 1939 Alexandria Library Sit-in
- Lesson Plans & Graphic Organizers Tucker Lesson Plans & Graphic Organizers
- Text Features
- Reading for Information
- TextFeaturesDavisMiddleSchool created by Davis Middle School, Hampton VA Language Arts teacher Rachelle Chambers
- Alexandria is Site of Early Civil Rights Sit-in http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Unsung-Civil-Rights-Hero-Comes-To-Light_Washington-DC-412947913.html
- Taking a Stand: Samuel Tucker and the 1939 Alexandria Library Sit-in NBC Channel 4 in Washington DC did a story about the peaceful public library protest. This is the link on their website: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Taking-a-Stand-Alexandria-Library-Sit-In-412255463.html
- Question Formulating Technique Lesson Plan Asking Good QuestionsQFT
- Discussion Questions SWTDiscussionQuestions
March Through Civil Rights developed by teachers and librarians at Stonewall Middle School, Manassas, VA.
- Human Rights are Civil Rights Connect CIVIL RIGHTS CONNECT Customize this game with your own book titles and descriptions.
- Civil Rights Connect CivilRightsConnectWorks Cited
- Civil Rights Stations developed by Linda Mitchell, librarian, and social studies teachers at Stonewall Middle School, Manassas, Virginia. MarchThroughCivilRightsStationsDocs